Water Quality Specialist
Pasadena, CA 91106 US
Experienced Water Quality Specialist
We are seeking an experienced Water Quality Specialist for a 6 month assignment in Pasadena, CA.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in chemistry, public health, or related science preferred and /or equivalent water utility experience in water quality, public health and / or compliance administration.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management, co-workers, customers, and regulatory agencies utilizing excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Good leadership, strong organizational and presentation skills, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to trouble-shoot site remediation and sources of contaminants.
- Working experience on providing guidance on the interpretation and implementation of state and federal Safe Drinking Water Act, Clean Water Act, CERCLA/RCRA, and Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program regulations and various hazardous waste mitigation projects.
- Working experience providing guidance in the preparation of various reports required by the State Water Resource Control Board/Division of Drinking Water (DDW) to include, but not limited to monthly and annual reports to DDW, the Annual Consumer Confidence Report, and the triennial Public Health Goal Report
- Proven ability to provide a statistical review and analysis of field and laboratory data to evaluate the effectiveness of existing sampling plans and procedures.
- Ability to make recommendations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of procedures to collect and maintain water quality data and operational records.
This is a full time 6 month assignment . Pay will be $58/hour . Qualified candidates can submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for review and refer to job # 97585 in the subject line. EOE/M/F/D/V