Supervisor, Credential Evaluations
Philadelphia, PA 19104 US
The Supervisor, Credential Evaluations, is accountable for the efficient and effective operations of the team responsible for the evaluation of all credentials submitted through on online portfolio, with the ultimate goal of ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service to applicants and clients. The Supervisor oversees and manages daily operations of the credential evaluation team, including incoming credential queues and name documentation requests; ensures the team maintains a customer-centered approach in all activities; proactively contacts applicants to resolve incomplete credential submissions; and serves as the key resource for the credentials team to resolve issues through real-time, innovative problem-solving. The Supervisor also is responsible for proactively aligning the credential evaluation processes with the information and resources developed by our clients Medical Education Resources.
Ensures the Provision of Excellent Service:
- Ensure that staff provide exemplary customer service throughout the credentialing process and that staff maintain a customer-centered approach in all activities.
- Ensure that staff execute all operational functions related to credential evaluation accurately and within established service level agreements
- Monitor credential processing queues, assign work flows, and make staffing adjustments as needed
- Communicate with applicants, verifying institutions, and representatives of current and prospective partner organizations
- Resolve escalated applicant and client concerns
Develops and Oversees an Efficient and Effective Operational Unit:
- Ensure overall quality and accuracy of processes
- Serve as primary coach and resource for staff
- Serve as primary decision-maker for complex cases
Innovates and Implements Process Improvement Ideas:
- Identify, develop, and implement process improvements
- Assist in the development and testing of technology systems
- Monitor credential rejections and advise on methods for reducing/eliminating issues
Policy & Procedure Development and Staff Training:
- Create and develop credentialing processing procedures and guidelines
- Partner with other primary-source verification leaders to develop our clients credentialing procedures and guidelines
- Ensure that all staff are appropriately trained on policies and procedures, including overseeing the development and maintenance of written training materials
- Generate reports for operations leadership on all aspects of customer service and quality, including monthly SLA reports
Candidates for these positions would need the following:
• Hands-on leader who can effectively oversee and manage daily operations while providing business development support with external clients.
• Commitment to excellent customer and client service.
• Exemplary oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
• Effective at real-time, innovative problem-solving, with demonstrated ability to make decisions.
• Ability to identify, develop, and implement ideas for process improvements.
• Demonstrated leadership skills (around 3 years supervisory experience), including ability to motivate staff, recognize and develop staff skills, and provide training and remediation in a positive, productive manner.
• Must be able to quickly learn new policies and procedures, and communicate same to staff.
• Must be able to quickly learn new technology systems.
• Must be able to organize and facilitate department and/or interdepartmental meetings.
• Effective organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
• Leadership presence to interface with external parties. Public presentation skills and some international travel may be required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a professional organization, with at least one year of that experience in supervision/management with direct responsibility for staffing and operations.
- Proven training and communication skills required.
- Customer and client service experience required; experience with international clients preferred. Demonstrated ability to resolve issues in real-time.
- Knowledge of credentialing or other document management processes preferred. Experience with work-flow systems preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master degree preferred.