Senior Staff Accountant
Des Plaines, IL 60016 US
Seeking a Senior Staff Accountant for our client in Des Plaines. This position is paying $65-75K DOE.
The Senior Accountant will have responsibility for the day-to-day operations in the Finance department including the month-end close process, accounts payable operations, accounts receivable, monthly financial statements, department expense reports, payroll, and bank reconciliations. The role will assist with other activities, such budget preparation and financial analysis to support the company growth. The position requires professionalism, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills and discretion with the ability to multi-task while delivering high quality work, and the capability to work collaboratively in a rapidly changing environment.
- Manage daily accounting operations in a timely and organized manner.
- Complete timely and accurate month-end close
- Provide timely and accurate monthly financial reports and department expense reports to management.
- Manage all day-to-day accounts payable operations, including vendor management, invoice entry, and payment.
- Manage AR cycle, including posting cash receipts and collection on overdue accounts.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Manage the company’s corporate credit cards and monthly reconciliation
- Manage the year-end audit process including managing materials to support audit requirements/requests and interacting with auditors
- Work with management in the preparation of forecasts, and in conducting financial analysis
- Support compliance across the company including tax filings, implementation of controls, and governance
- Ensure review, timely processing, and payment of compliant expense reports
- Provide suggestions for continued improvement for all processes and efficiencies
- Manage the complete payroll process, including regular and special payrolls, all timely changes to payroll, and reconciling payroll to the general ledger
- Work closely with Human Resources to ensure timely and accurate employee transactions and to provide ad hoc confidential support (PTO tracking, benefits administration)
- Serve as back-up to other finance staff as needed.
- Complete timely inventory assessment and manage inventory tracking and processes.
- Manage Vicinity costing and general knowledge of how to build bill of materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance,
- Minimum 5 years of experience, public accounting and/or life science/biotech preferred
- Broad knowledge of accounting principles (“GAAP”).
- Experience in keeping up to date with regulatory changes affecting financial processes and procedures.
- CPA a plus
- Experience using payroll systems, Paylocity preferred
- Strong expertise with enterprise technology systems and advanced skill. Experience with Great Plains is a plus.
- Must be savvy with Microsoft Excel
- Outstanding verbal, written and technology communication skills successfully working with all levels of the organization; high proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Experience with forecasting and financial analysis
- Proven effectiveness in time management, attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Reputation for successfully building sustained, external third-party relationships while representing the best interests of the Company
- Proven history keeping sensitive information confidential