Senior Manager Evaluations Examinations and Assessment
Rosemont, IL 60018 US
Seeking a Senior Manager Evaluations Examinations and Assessment for our client in the Rosemont, IL area. This position is a direct hire likely paying $100-115K.
- Manages examinations and evaluations collection, staff, and committee activities.
- Creates product budgets, strategies, road maps, and release objectives that build on and extends the current portfolio of evaluation products for continuing education and re-certification.
- Plans and organizes examination development and implementation of all examination programs.
- Create and applies scoring processes and reporting methods for members and committees.
- Manages development databases and item bank(s) and implements new technology as business needs evolve.
- Works closely with Residents, Residency Program Directors and Education teams to drive development of curricula.
- Responsible for managing the client self-assessment product collection.
- Lead and drive the overall product lifecycle, strategies, schedules, budgets, deliverables, and capabilities for our products.
- Partner with Marketing and Communications to identify customer and market needs and prioritize areas of focus for product management – including competitive analyses and product positioning.
- Determine rates to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Provide a monthly revenue estimate.
- Propose an overall budget to ensure success.
- Work with Department Heads and cross-functional teams to implement an examination development life cycle process to manage the ongoing development, optimization and timely commercialization of products.
- Create a framework to define prioritization, road map planning and success metrics.
- Stay current with licensure standards, and accreditation standards, instructional design standards, important national assessment trends and technology solutions.
- Directs team in the design, development, administration and maintenance of examination and assessment products.
- Manages item and test analyses, test equating, standard setting, score reporting, and develops technical reports.
- Spearheads the construction of client’s assessment plan, including working with outside stakeholders.
- Oversees psychometric contractors on particular projects.
- Collaborates to improve existing assessments.
- Improves, executes, and manages methods for relating examination performance with practice improvement and outcomes.
- Contributes to and delivers proposals and presentations.
- As point of contact for all internal/external customers, defends validity of self-assessment products.
- Remains up-to-date with the newest teaching technologies and instructional theories on the use of technology in assessment.
- Oversees the implementation of course and program-level assessment and evaluation to improve educational and learning outcomes.
- Drives the creation of a positive and cooperative team by developing Direct Reports and fostering a team approach focused on Academy values, competencies, and behaviors.
- Works within cross functional teams to achieve desired results for the examination program.
- Builds strong working relationships within the organization; provides leadership within the organization for the examination team through establishing performance objectives and regular performance evaluations and professional development plans for direct reports.
- Provides operational leadership in hiring new staff.
- Some travel is required
- Expertise developing examination programs.
- Advanced degree, with statistical/research experience, computer-based testing
- Working experience with statistical theory, CTT and IRT, research methodologies, and applied measurement
- Minimum 5 years of experience assessment management including the design, development, standard setting, processing, analysis and reporting of assessments in the certification markets.
- Supervisory experience, 3-5 years committee support and representation within an organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional project planning, organizational skills, with the ability to coordinate a variety of projects and individuals with the ability to adjust to unexpected requests or changes in priorities.
- Computer skills including strong skills in set up and use of database programs.
- Knowledge in registries, performance improvement and patient outcomes
- Medical association or health care organization experience.