Production Word Processor
Aurora, CO US
We are looking for an energetic Production Word Processor to provide support in the word processing and production of reports, proposals, and technical documents.
Heavy word processing with detailed formatting of proposals, technical reports, and other documents.
The Production Word Processor reports directly to the Office Administrator.
In-house standard templates/styles are used for documents. Candidates must be skilled in technical proofing, editing, and formatting of documents.
Candidates must also have excellent typing skills and be highly skilled in the use of the tools in Microsoft Word.
Work requires a general knowledge of office printing/copying equipment and formatting of electronic documents.
Candidate will also carry out front receptionist duties.
Responsibilities may also include assisting in general office tasks and administrative support, when needed.
Essential Production Support Duties:
• Operate production printer to produce technical reports, proposals, manuals, etc.
• Assemble document deliverables using 3-ring binders and comb-binding machine; prepare all components such as binder spines, covers, index tabs, CDs, and CD labels.
• Prepare mailings of documents to be delivered by trackable mailing services; track and file delivery confirmation receipts.
• Provide technical support and general maintenance of production printer; call for repair service, as necessary.
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of production room and supplies.
• Scanning and filing of project documents and records.
• Familiarity with filing and archiving of electronic document libraries.
• Large mailings may require driving packages to post office or overnight service locations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Receive and direct phone calls and voice messages.
• Greet, direct, and assist visitors, clients and vendors in a pleasant manner.
• Gather and distribute mail, as necessary.
• May be asked to assist with occasional errands outside of the office.
• Proficiency in technical proofing and editing of documents.
• Strong knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation and spelling is essential.
• Skilled in formatting of reports, technical documents, and proposals.
• Ability to work with technical material, tables, and combine/rearrange material from different document sources.
• Format and re-format Word and Excel documents and electronic documents. Examples include: adjusting spacing; standardizing headings, margins, and indentations; typing text, charts, tables, forms; ensuring correct pagination; inserting figures and photographs; and electronically sorting and compiling text.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, including the Tools.
• Knowledge of Excel and Adobe Acrobat applications.
• Excellent typing skills.
Knowledge and other abilities required:
• Two years of word processing and production experience is required.
• Clerical—Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
• Customer and Personal Service—Knowledge of principles and processes for meeting quality standards for services, meeting customer needs, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Excellent Communication Skills—Must have above average communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Team Work—Ability to work in a team environment with a constructive and respectful attitude.
• Technical Proofing and Editing—Reviewing text written in a document and identifying errors related to the use of language, in general, or adherence to a specific style guide.
• Time Management—Managing one's own time. Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
• Critical Thinking—Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Deductive Reasoning—Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to job number # 81665