Practice Management and Professional Staff Development Associate
Rosemont, IL 60018 US
The Practice Management and Allied Staff Associate (PMASA) works closely with and reports to the Practice Management and Allied Staff Manager, and provides staff support to the Committee on Practice Management and Professional Staff Development (CPMPSD), Dental Anesthesia Assistant National Certification Examination Advisory Committee (DAANCEAC) and the Special Committee on Evolving Practice Models (SCEPM). This position is responsible for coordinating and implementing various educational opportunities for members and their practice managers, administrators, and clinical and allied staff.
This position works to ensure that all educational programs and related logistics and materials are in compliance with the ACCME Essentials, Standards, and ADA CERP Guidelines. The PMASA supports the manager in the development, maintenance and execution of existing and future practice management products and resources. These resource tools should be focused on various areas of practice management, including topics related to OSHA and CDC infection control guidance, small business administration, human resources, FDA, DEA and other parties of interest as well as compliance with regulatory rules and state and federal laws which may impact the client's office.
Strong and pleasant customer service skills are necessary to provide superior assistance to our various membership categories as is responding in a timely and professional manner to all telephone and email inquiries.
Provide professional content support and work with other departments when necessary. Participation at various staff and group meetings required. Requires limited to moderate travel.
- Association experience and a working knowledge of the healthcare industry preferred
- Must be detail-orientated and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Possess time management skills and ability to prioritize different projects and tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and be a team player
- Display accountability and ownership over projects from start-to-finish, maintaining high personal standards of performance and professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience working with volunteers and tracking communications with and management of volunteers, groups, committees
- Excellent proven writing ability
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and Adobe
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Must have a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in similar role
- 4- year college degree preferred
- The ability to travel