St Louis, MO
Our client, located in the Westport area is currently seeking a Payroll Specialist to join their growing team! This is a full-time, Direct Hire position, hours 8 am- 5 pm Monday-Friday. Salary $45, 000-$48, 000 annually plus benefits. You will have your own office in their brand new, beautiful office space.
Compiles and records employee time and payroll data. Computes employees' time worked, production, and commission. Computes and posts wages and deductions. Prepare paychecks, including manual paychecks, when necessary. Ensures tax filings are completed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews time sheets for accuracy and calculates pay adjustments.
- Reviews various payroll reports to detect and correct any payroll discrepancies.
- Processes paperwork for new employees and enters employee information into the payroll system.
- Updates employment information as necessary.
- Makes necessary adjustments to employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations to maintain and update payroll records.
- Ensures accurate PTO balances.
- Calculates retroactive increases and corrects errors.
- Provides information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, benefit deductions, and collective agreement provisions.
- Keeps informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
- Compiles statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts and submits them to appropriate departments.
- Completes verification of employment. Resolves department managers issues and concerns related to payroll.
- Updates and maintains payroll system, as needed.
- High school diploma or GED required, Associates degree preferred
- 3-5 years payroll experience
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- ADP Workforce Now experience preferred
- Proficient in Excel
- Stable work history
Please apply online for immediate consideration. All qualified applicants will be contacted.