Human Resources Assistant
Milton, PA 17847 US
In the role of the HR Assistant, requires this role to act as a resource on human resources matters; providing assistance and support to management, supervisors and administrators. Daily job duties can range from posting job openings, gathering information on new applicants and informing employees of company policy changes.
Job Summary & Essential Functions:
• Assist the HR department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for all the company employees. Filtering and assisting with the day-to-day HR and benefits matters.
• Welcomes new employees and rehires to the organization by conducting orientations. Ensuring background, reference checks and drug screens are completed.
• Serve as the point of contact for new hires, preparing new employee files and overseeing the completion of new hire/rehire paperwork.
• Answering employee questions, processing incoming HR mail, distributing and/or posting pertinent HR documents as needed.
• Updating HR related spreadsheets/programs with employee change requests.
• Files papers and assist in the maintenance of the electronic employee file database (Docufree); ensuring accuracy of the data.
• Maintain employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
• Other duties, projects, or analysis as required based on the needs of the team and performs such other duties as may be assigned by the Company at its discretion from time to time. May be required to work outside of normal business hours when business needs dictate.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Ability to write and speak effectively with employees at all levels in the organization both internally and externally
• Ability to resolve problems in a timely manner and analyzes information skillfully
• People skills - customer oriented, positive attitude, team participation, problem solver
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
• Intermediate working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, and Word with an emphasis on Excel
• Ability to multitask efficiently and adapt within a rapidly changing environment
• Ability to handle multiple projects at once
• Attention to detail and ability to work under tight time constraints and handle sensitive data
Required Experience / Education
• Associates Degree
• 2+ years of human resources experience.
• Office environment
Physical Demands (reasonable accommodations may be made, if necessary):
Physical Abilities Stand-frequently Walk – frequently Sit – continuously Climb – N/A Crawl – N/A Squat or kneel – occasionally Bend – N/A Fine Manipulation – N/A Reach Outward – occasionally Reach above shoulder – occasionally Drive – N/A Travel – N/A
Lift / Carry 10 lbs or less – occasionally 11 – 20 lbs – occasionally 21 – 50 lbs – N/A 51 – 100 lbs – N/A Over 100 lbs – N/A
Push / Pull 10 lbs or less – occasionally 10 – 20 lbs – occasionally 20 – 50 lbs – N/A 51 – 100 lbs – N/A Over 100 lbs – N/A
N/A (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this occupation Occasionally - Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (.25 - 2.5 hrs/day) Frequently - Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5 hrs/day) Continuously - Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our client offers a competitive compensation package with full benefits including a 401K plan.