EPIC Credentials Specialist
Philadelphia, PA 19104 US
The primary responsibility of the EPIC Credentials Specialist is to perform activities in support of the Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (EPIC) program, including reviewing and evaluating a large volume of medical credentials, processing requests for account establishment, managing applicant identity, and processing requests for EPIC verification reports. This position also will contribute to efforts to ensure the overall quality and accuracy of EPIC processes and in the training and coaching of temporary and permanent staff. The Credentials Specialist will occasionally communicate with applicants and medical schools regarding EPIC services.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Ensures the Provision of Excellent Service:
- Provides exemplary customer service to EPIC applicants and maintains an applicant-centered approach in all EPIC activities.
- Processes work in assigned queues (accounts, credentials, verifications, resends, reports) and ensures that work is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates with applicants and representatives of institutions with which our client is conducting verifications in a professional and clear manner.
Contributes to an Efficient and Effective Operational Unit:
- Through an intensive review process, determines acceptability of all medical education credentials submitted through EPIC. This process requires the prima facie review of the document using our clients Medical Education Reference Library.
- Determines acceptability of English translations submitted through EPIC to ensure that they meet our clients translation requirements.
- Prepares and sends credentials to medical school/institution officials for verification. Ensures that all required information is included in the verification request; this may include research to identify appropriate officials and/or delivery address.
- The assignee should demonstrate the ability to follow written and verbal instruction.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills required.
- Attention to detail and high level of critical thinking is required.
- Ability to multi-task and organizational skills is required.
- Additionally, the assignee should be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with credentialing and processing large amounts of paper work is preferred.
- An assignee that has a desire to learn new processes and about foreign countries, is a plus.
- Fluency in a foreign language is a plus
- Four years professional experience in a service institution, preferably in college/university or other educational/research institution, involving processing of large volumes of educational credentials or similar documents.
- Proven verbal and written communications skills required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.