District Sales Manager
Philadelphia, PA 19132 US
In order to meet the demands and responsibilities of this position, District Sales Managers must be able to complete specific tasks.
Create and Implement Sales Programs and Goals
- A main responsibility of the District Sales Managers is to establish sales goals and create programs to meet these goals. They must align sales goals with company objectives and implement strategies to increase revenue. As part of this responsibility, District Sales Managers must seek ways to expand sales opportunities within their region by finding new customers and ensuring customer satisfaction to retain an existing customer base.
Manage Sales Teams
- The hiring, training and firing of sales staff is a component of our District Sales Manager's job. District Sales Managers create and oversee new him training programs and provide continued training and professional development opportunities for an existing sales force.
Research Markets and Understand Industry Trends
- To ensure the need for the company's product or services, our District Sales Manager must research the market and keep up-to-date on trends in the geld. They must research potential customers, review sales leads and establish communication with potential customers to build a relationship that could lead to sales for their company.
District Sales Manager Skills
- The District Sales Manager cannot be successful without strong verbal and written communication skills, as they will spend a great deal of time communicating with new and existing customers, salespeople, corporate executives and other regional sales managers. They also need to have above-average organizational and planning skills. In addition, they should be critical thinkers and problem solvers who are effective at both working independently and in teams.
- Cultivating customer relationships — keeping constant communication with new customers to expand sales and with current customers to ensure satisfaction and continued business Analyzing market trends and sales data — understanding the market to focus on expanding sales and to implement product or service promotional activities
- Developing marketing strategies/creating campaigns that expand brand recognition and enforces the need for a company's product or service.