Customer Support Financial Specialist
North Kansas City, MO 64119 US
This position is to provide financial support to the Career Services Director and work directly with the Financial Service Manager. The individual will be responsible for providing a high level of customer services to organization’s clients, i.e. Participants and Employers, as well as to training Institution. This position manages the process of financial aid (Training Vouchers and Supportive service vouchers, internship, On the Job training) and will coordinate work with the financial department.
- Reviews and processes Financial Aid package Training and Support obligations.
- Inputting approved Obligations to the Participant tracking data base system and produce Career Center’s weekly reports for management
- Review verify and match documents with support vouchers, or approved ITA and input information in database, batch and transmit Package to fiscal department for payment.
- Perform a wide variety of tasks in preparing, processing and or verifying Participants’ Financial Aid Package. (Class Room Training, OJT, Internship, Gas Card , Background Checks, and other Support Vouchers)
- Responding to and mitigating customer complaints, concerns and comment in a cordial and respectful way, escalating to mangers.
- Manage customer accounts with relevant information as required for data management.
- Communicate program updates and progress of the career center on a regular basis to Management.
- Work with program mangers and Managing accountant to increase productivity and ensure efficiency in everyday task.
- Reconcile and balance training and support obligations and payments monthly and perform the required Period end closing in a timely manner.
- Responsible for providing Participants’ related financial information to Managing accountant in preparation of monthly and annual fiscal closing of books.
- Reconciles obligation, deobligation and payment information with information from MIS unit and Fiscal department
- Process documents and insure accurate intake of all eligibility/ financial aid forms as they relate to different programs.
- Assist in the determination of participant’s eligibility and relaying information to the appropriate Program manager.
- Lead prospective and current participants through the completion process of program enrollment as needed
- Assist the Career Center team with Customer Follow up and request missing or incomplete documents from Participants
- Maintains appropriate confidentiality as required and necessary
- Assists with audits by outside entities
- Performs other related duties as required
- Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Calmness under pressure, maintain records in a timely and accurate record.
- Work on several assignments simultaneously, assess priorities, meet deadlines and work independently within established guild lines.
- High School Diploma or GED. At least two years of experience in accounting, bookkeeping or related field.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be extremely computer literate/proficient in Excel, Word and outlook.
- Must be able to pass Excel and other related program assessments.
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a culturally diverse environment
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must have personal transportation, driver license and auto insurance.
- Must be able to travel to multiple locations as required
PAY STARTING AT $13-14/ HR
$15/16 AT PERM
Send qualified resumes to Kcnorth@stivers.com
Refer to job # 51617- Customer Support Financial Specialist
FOR EXPEDITED INTERVIEW> CALL 816.436.0220