Coding, Reimbursement and Registry Staff Associate
Rosemont, IL 60018 US
The Coding, Reimbursement and Registry Staff Associate, reports to the Health Policy, Quality and Reimbursement Manager and is responsible for developing and maintaining the association’s library of coding and billing resources. This person is also the association’s primary coding associate and is responsible for responding to member coding and reimbursement inquiries by providing guidance on proper code selection, coding and billing guidance, and appeal advice.
The Coding, Reimbursement and Registry Staff Associate will serve as part of the registry team and maintain applicable member resources and tools. This requires detail-oriented team member who can capture requirements, plan, execute, and finalize registry projects that ultimately help and improve upon registry goals. The ideal candidate has the key ability to follow a project through from inception to execution, by working with our internal staff, our registry committee and our technology partner. This Staff Associate should have the ability to monitor Medicare, Medicaid, and private payer policies affecting the specialty, including issues related to physician quality improvement measures and activities. This Staff Associate will assist with the development and implementation of quality improvement activities and resources for the specialty as needed.
In addition, the Coding, Reimbursement and Registry Staff Associate assists the Manager with monitoring Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) updates, Medicare’s Medically Unlikely Edits, and any updates made to the medical claim by the National Uniform Claim Committee (NUCC) and the Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI). The Coding, Reimbursement and Registry Staff Associate is responsible for alerting the Manager of changes related to coding and / or reimbursement policies that would impact the company, so that proper member notice may be arranged. The Coding, Reimbursement and Registry Staff Associate may also serve as a staff liaison to the ADA’s Code Maintenance Committee, as required and assists the manager and advisors with preparing code proposals and meeting minutes. This position must also stay abreast of initiatives stemming from third-party dental and medical payers including both Medicare and Medicaid and their initiative, including the Accountable Care Act, Medicare incentive programs, and other health reform activities.
The Coding, Reimbursement and Registry Staff Associate is accountable for writing bimonthly articles for our various online and print publications. In addition, the Coding, Reimbursement and Registry Staff Associate is responsible for maintaining and revising the resources available on the appropriate and corresponding sections of the company web site. This position is also responsible for maintaining the electronic logging of member inquiries in order to identify coding and reimbursement trends.
The Coding, Reimbursement and Registry Staff Associate, provides year-round staff support to the Committee on Health Care Policy, Coding, and Reimbursement (CHCPR); including assistance with coordinating CHCPR member projects, committee meeting logistics, and meeting / conference call agendas and writing reports.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently but collaboratively
- Ability to handle complex coding and billing issues
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills
- Knowledge of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and Current Dental Terminology (CDT) coding systems and Internal Classification of Diseases (ICD) coding system
- Knowledge of medical and dental terminology and physiology
- General knowledge of medical or dental clinical practice, specific familiarity with frequently utilized procedures
- Experience with data analysis, electronic health records, practices management and / or registry solutions.
- Knowledge of government and private payor policies
- Experience with outcome research, and/or clinical registry projects is a plus.
- Familiarity with National Quality Forum, measurement endorsement process, and the overall quality measurement landscape
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Understanding of basic marketing skills