Pittsburgh, PA US
Non-profit organization seeking Case Manager for job training program. Will work near the airport and downtown. Pay is $15/hour.
Works with apprenticeship programs and other partners to increase the number of minority and women entering the construction trades and wireless industry. Successful candidates will implement logic models with an emphasis on creating new relationships and resource supports for persons desiring to obtain employment in the designated fields.
- Initiates and maintains linkages with area education facilities, human service agencies, medical facilities, apprenticeship program and employers.
- Represents the business in a cordial, professional and businesslike manner and serves as representative to area associations, organizations and committees.
- Assists in the recruitment of potential clients through telephone and personal contacts, presentations and other outreach activities.
- Conducts personal interviews to establish eligibility and needs.
- Administers the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) Assessment (and other assessment tools as necessary) to establish immediate objectives and long-term goals.
- Formulate individual employment development plans for each program participant using information gathered through formal assessments and in-depth interviews.
- Coordinates placement and on-the-job- training opportunities.
- Maintain effective case management by submitting timely contracts, progress notes, updates, job orders and all other necessary paperwork.
- Creates a tailor-made program to elevate skill levels and achievement of self- sufficiency through pre-employment training, remedial skills training and technical training.
- Conducts regular one-on-one counseling sessions with participants to review goals, address problems and ensure progress is being made.
- Conducts one-on-one career assistance, providing participants with job seeking skills, personal awareness, motivation and self-esteem, goal setting, resume development, interview techniques and other activities, as needed.
- Conducts post-assessment, utilizing appropriate assessment tools.
- Perform other such duties, as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with TABE, GED and other standardized tests.
- Ability to maintain excellent working relationships with the program staff, partners and participants.
- Must demonstrate enthusiasm, be a self-starter and a positive role model.
- Ability to instruct and maintain emotional control under stress.
- Be computer literate (word processing and spreadsheets).
- Maintain confidentiality with relationship to clients and their records.
- Excellent organization skills, which includes written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
If you have the above listed experience please reply to Job 30231. Only those candidates for further consideration will be contacted.