Auto Claims Adjuster
Schaumburg, IL US
Claims Adjuster with Fast Track experience is needed for our client in Schaumburg, IL. This position will report to the Claims Supervisor and will be responsible for handling insurance claims filed by policyholders, claimants and agents. Plans and schedules work needed to process claims, interview claimants and witnesses, and investigate claims. This position is likely to be a temp to hire position paying $50-55K.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of policy forms and common carrier doctrines.
- Demonstrated experience with multi-state bodily injury, property damage, collision, uninsured motorist bodily injury, underinsured motorist, general liability or commercial transportation claims.
- Demonstrated experience handling taxi, para-transit, limousine, trucking or other commercial business auto claims.
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and negotiate commercial claims from inception through disposition.
- Knowledge of jurisdictional laws, venues and claims handling practices.
- Ensure accurate and consistent reserving.
- Interact with internal and external customers, agents, claimants and others in a professional and courteous manner.
- Perform with strong working knowledge of claim procedures, guidelines, practices and workflows with minimal or no assistance required.
- Experience working with attorneys, investigators, vendors, experts and medical professionals.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- +2 years 1st and 3rd party property damage claims experience.
- Fast Track experience.
- Strong negotiation and customer service skills.
- Texas Adjuster DHS License preferred.
- Ability to work independently and perform in a fast paced environment.
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and proven ability to multi task.
- Complete state continuing education as required to maintain adjuster licensing.
- Demonstration of self-development through attainment of professional designation or insurance courses.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.