Assistant Accounting Specialist
Englewood, CO 80110 US
Assists with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable activities of the Accounting department, including credit applications, deposits, data entry, filing and administrative tasks. Provides other accounting support within the department.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily processing of customer credit applications and related documents.
- Accounts Receivable activities including deposits and administrative support.
- Accounts Payable processing including vendor invoice data entry and general ledger coding.
- Daily and weekly filing of Accounting paperwork and related electronic documents.
- Responsible for weekly office supplies inventory, purchasing and processing office supply requests.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
- Personal computer with Microsoft Office software applications including Outlook.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX systems and Excel spreadsheet applications.
- Multi-line telephone with voice mail.
- Printer, copier, scanner and fax.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for a fast-paced manufacturing work environment.
- Able to sit for long periods working on a computer, daily.
- Requires reaching continually throughout the workday (mouse, keyboard).
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally. Proper lifting techniques required.
- Mid-level stress.
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed.
- Requires periodic walking primarily on a level surface throughout the workday.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- High School Diploma. Associates degree preferred.
- 1-3 years work experience in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Bookkeeping or Administrative Support.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Basic ability to understand, use and create spreadsheets.
- Intermediate computer skills and experience in Microsoft Office including Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to quickly learn new accounting software packages and applications.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX or related systems preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to handle shifting priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills.
Manufacturing company located in Englewood near Hampden & Santa Fe Drive.
To be considered for this position, please forward your resume to email@example.com and reference job number 801007.