Kansas City, MO 64131 US
Kansas City MO company needs an admin assistant with 5-10 years of Commercial construction experience.
Assist the Project Manager or other senior individuals in all phases of construction project management, including pre-construction, construction and post-construction activities. Assist the Construction Operations Manager/Project Manager/Site Superintendent in the overall planning, scheduling and administration of a particular project.
Required Education / Technical Background:
High school diploma required (Associate's degree a plus) and 5-10 years experience in a professional office setting; commercial construction industry a MUST.
- Uses time effectively based on key priorities; accepts direction from more than one person at a time and oversees multiple projects.
- Communicates well and create effective customer-focused relationships with all organization levels.
- Able to write clearly and concisely in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Acts in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees, while maintaining constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet, scanning, database and presentation software
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Technical Document Distribution
- Preparation and Distribution of documents related to bid solicitation
Shop Drawing and Submittal Process:
- Create and maintain Submittal Log and coordinate the orderly and expeditious approval by A/E of all necessary submittals (shop drawings, samples, catalog cuts, etc.)
- Transmit and distribute all documents.
- Track and alert Project Manager to potential delinquencies.
Project Budgets and Scheduling
- Distribute budget cost code listing to superintendent.
- Prepare and distribute subcontractor and supplier agreements.
- Track and follow up on all outstanding contracts and supporting documents. Alert Project Manager to significant delinquencies.
- Review certificates of insurance to ensure they are current and that the limits are compliant.
Change Order Processes
- Maintain Proposal, Change Order, RFI and ASI Logs
- Receive and distribute all documents as required under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Track and alert Project Manager to delinquencies. Prepare and distribute all subcontractor change orders and forward to Cost Estimating for review and approval.
- Complete and distribute all in house change order summaries.
- Enter owner and subcontractor/supplier change orders into Timberline
Project Meetings and Correspondence
- Prepare and distribute all project correspondence.
- Track and alert Project Manager to follow up on correspondence requirements.
- Log, copy as necessary and insure secure storage in the project electronic files and physical files.
Project Close Out Process:
- Prepare listing of close out documents for Project Manager review.
- Collect, bind, review, and distribute close out documents according to specifications.
- Review and Follow Procedures as Outlined in the Company Procedures Manual.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail, travel arrangements, etc.
- Assists in preparing and coordinating proposals, manuals, presentations, etc. (Power Point skills required)
- Maintains confidentiality with sensitive or proprietary information on behalf of managers/executives.
- Continuously expand and update professional knowledge and training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity
- Perform additional tasks or functions in response to directions and priorities set by supervising manager
- Maintain project emergency contact list for project office.
Hours are 8-4:30, 30 minute lunch. Salary is 32-40k, DOE.
Send qualified resumes to: email@example.com
Refer to job #50031.
All qualified candidates will be contacted.
Must have 5-10 years admin assistant experience in the commercial construction industry.