Worker's Comp Medical Bill CSR
Riverside, CA 92505 US
Our client is seeking an experienced Worker's Compensation Medical Bill CSR to join their team !
This position can be based out of either their Riverside or Torrance locations.
The WC Medical Bill CSR will respond accurately and promptly to telephone inquiries regarding bill adjudication, fee schedule allowances, IBR process, and appeals process.
• Holds a current Experienced Medical Bill Reviewer Designation meeting the requirements for Workers’ Compensation medical bill review
• IEA 101 and Medical Terminology courses helpful
• Prior customer service experience is required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Prior keyboarding experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Outlook
• Certified Medical Coder (CPC) designation a plus
• Employment is contingent upon successfully passing background process
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Handle incoming calls and ensure that documentation is made for each call received
• Meet call quality standards
• Provide customer service to providers
• Understanding of the California Official Medical Fee Schedule (OMFS) in order to provide current and accurate information to a caller
• Escalated issues should be followed up within 5 business days of receipt
• Request additional information from external sources when required.
• Review complex or unusual claim situations
• Review claims previously processed incorrectly and forward to management with recommended correction process
• Handle claim processing/adjustments as needed
• Issue written correspondence to providers
• Record call data in call tracking system
• Research claims status
• Other duties as assigned
This is a full time direct hire opportunity that will pay up to $55k annually DOE. Client pays 100% medical and dental premiums for employee. Candidates can submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to job # 95438 in the subject line. EOE/M/F/D/V.