Wealth Management/Trust Assistant
Itasca, IL 60143 US
Our Client's Itasca, IL office is seeking a Wealth Management/Trust Assistant who will serve on a team to support our trust department and Financial Advisors. The Wealth Management/Trust Assistant is a key member of the team, working directly with clients, and is responsible for account opening, cash management, record retention, and account maintenance.
The Wealth Management/Trust Assistant will perform diverse administrative functions requiring confidentiality, initiative and sound judgment. The successful candidate will possess structure, attention to detail, quality focus, high energy and flexibility. This individual will be a champion of our client's culture, values, and business practices. The position is Temporary, paying $20+/hr DOE
- Client Relationship Management; handle requests, resolve issues; research and complete any outstanding items.
- Onboard new clients and set up accounts, maintain systems up-to-date with client information.
- Prepare and upload documents, new accounts, checks, distribution and maintenance forms.
- Educate clients on account services and capabilities.
- Prepare reports, data entry, maintain spreadsheets and logs.
- Wire funds, review and process monthly distributions to customers.
- Perform the daily operations function in the absence operations specialist.
- Provide some back-up for the land and trust administrator as duties allow.
- Prepare annual investment reviews and administrative reviews.
- Prepare sales blotter reports, RMD spreadsheets, 1099’s, long reviews, cover sheet reviews.
- Balance financial planning checking account.
- Assist with portfolio reviews
- Place trades, documents and monitors transactions through completion
- Prepares P & L statements
- Reviews monthly management fees and leases
- Prepare documentation required by tax attorneys, receive and process legal process items
- Interacts with customer and/or plaintiff’s attorney and resolves issues
- Coordinates with other departments in the bank
- Gathers all documents, reviews information and prepares invoices
- 3-5 years of experience in all aspects of personal trust/wealth management
- High School diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field preferred
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, good common sense, effective under pressure, and flexible
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Strong time management, sound judgment, good prioritizing, team player
- Able to work with minimal supervision, works well individually and in teams, shares information, and supports colleagues
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities with a professional attitude
- Demonstrates sound judgment and discretion in handling confidentiality and sensitive topics
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong PC skills (proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)