Underwriting Operations Associate
Schaumburg, IL 60173 US
Our client is looking for a Commercial Auto Underwriting Operations Associate to join their team. This position will report to the Underwriting Operations Team Leader and will be responsible for supporting the daily service requests from agents and the underwriting teams. This role requires a complete understanding of underwriting principles, transaction processing on multiple systems, and above average understanding of billing system and corresponding processes. This position is located in Schaumburg, IL, near Woodfield Mall and will pay $17-18/hr, depending on experience.
- Provide support to the Underwriting teams.
- Determine reinstatement eligibility within authority.
- Process change requests.
- DMV Reporting: Identify and reconcile proof of insurance related issues (suspensions/revocations, fines) with the various states’ Departments of Motor Vehicles as well as underwriters and agents.
- Loss summary reviews for cancellations and reinstatements.
- Prepare and process notices of cancellation and reinstatements.
- Prepare quotes for existing policies.
- Complete state and federal filings.
- Execute follow-up requests.
- Provide customer service for internal/external customers.
- Index files, e-mails and documents for imaging.
- Claim verifications.
- Order and mail loss runs.
- Order, review and approve MVRs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ insurance experience in an underwriting support role.
- Associate’s Degree, and/or relevant professional designation, or equivalent to work experience.
- Ability to manage, prioritize and perform multiple tasks and projects while maintaining workload with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Interpersonal, communication, teamwork, organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated with a desire to excel to the next level.
- Proficient with Excel and Word, working knowledge of other Microsoft Office products.