Underwriting Operations Assistant
$57-70K DOE Schaumburg, IL 60173 US
Auto Insurance Underwriting Operations Assistant
Currently seeking an Underwriting Operations Assistant to support the underwriting team for an auto insurance company in Schaumburg, IL. This position will report to the Underwriting Operations Team Leader and will be responsible for supporting the daily service requests from agents and the underwriting teams. This role requires a complete understanding of underwriting principles, transaction processing on multiple systems, and above average understanding of billing system and corresponding processes. Pay will depend on experience, but will likely by $18-20/hr.
- Provide support to the Underwriting teams.
- Determine reinstatement eligibility within authority.
- Process change requests.
- DMV Reporting: Identify and reconcile proof of insurance related issues (suspensions/revocations, fines) with the various states’ Departments of Motor Vehicles as well as underwriters and agents.
- Loss summary reviews for cancellations and reinstatements.
- Prepare and process notices of cancellation and reinstatements.
- Prepare quotes for existing policies.
- Complete state and federal filings.
- Execute follow-up requests.
- Provide customer service for internal/external customers.
- Index files, e-mails and documents for imaging.
- Claim verifications.
- Order and mail loss runs.
- Order, review and approve MVRs.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree, and/or relevant professional designation, or equivalent to work experience.
- 1-2 years support experience within a Commercial Auto Insurance company.
- Minimum 2 years’ insurance experience in an underwriting support role.
- Ability to manage, prioritize and perform multiple tasks and projects while maintaining workload with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Interpersonal, communication, teamwork, organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated with a desire to excel to the next level.
- Proficient with Excel and Word, working knowledge of other Microsoft Office products.