Technical Support Analyst
Overland Park, KS 66211
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide end-user technical support of products and services currently in production and supported by IT with the goal of providing maximum availability of these products and services for employees on staff.
The secondary purpose of this role is to provide assistance in maintaining the underlying technology infrastructure (e.g. networks, firewalls, VPN’s, servers, e-mail, etc.) as directed by the Lead Technical Analyst, Infrastructure & Security.
Provides moderately complex technical support and assistance to users in person, via support requests, email, phone, and/or other remote methods. Addresses and responds to employee inquiries on company IT products and services, including installation, operational functions, troubleshooting, and maintenance. Provides employees with preventive maintenance and configuration recommendations to improve product usability, performance, and satisfaction. Documents client interactions, including details of inquiries, complaints, comments, and actions taken. Possesses a strong understanding of the IT organization's products and services, but escalates more complex inquiries.
- Takes users issues and requests via phone, email, and service requests and logs the issues\requests into ticketing system then either resolves or escalates to the appropriate resource.
- First level troubleshooting of laptops, desktops, servers, network related or attached systems.
- Recommends or performs minor remedial actions to correct problems.
- Replaces defective or inadequate software packages.
- Escalate and redirect Help Desk Incidents to the appropriate technical resources
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair PC hardware and Operating Systems. Troubleshoot MS and Enterprise software application issues.
- Provide support for LAN, remote (VPN, RDP) access, and resolve basic Email connectivity issues.
- Installation and maintenance of Windows and Mac based PC/Laptops in an enterprise environment.
- Troubleshooting, configuring of desktop components, and assisting with physical installations of Desktops, Macs, and Laptops.
- Responds to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems.
- Installing software patches as needed and eradicating spyware/viruses.
- Setup and troubleshooting of print servers and queues.
- Assists with upgrade implementations, application support, and network infrastructure expansions.
- Performs preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year or greater related experience.
- Knowledgeable of both Windows and Macintosh
- Must have worked in office setting not remotely.
- Associates degree or greater in an information technology related discipline
- CompTIA Certification, Microsoft Certified Enterprise Desktop Support Technician (MCITP)
Work will be performed primarily at the corporate headquarters. However, work offsite which may require travel within and outside the local metro area from time-to-time in support of warehouse/distribution centers.
SALARY $33k to $39K DOE
THIS IS A TEMP TO HIRE OPPORTUNITY>
Company pays employees benefits with the exception of dental.