Senior Statutory Accountant
Schaumburg, IL 60173 US
Our client in Schaumburg, IL is seeking a Sr. Statutory Accountant III to join their team. This position will report to the Assistant Controller and will be responsible for assisting with the month-end close, preparation of statutory basis financial statements and review of work papers prepared by staff. Salary will be $66-73K DOE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist with recording underlying data in the general ledger including premium and loss reporting, fixed assets, investments, reinsurance and expenses.
* Review account reconciliations to ensure they are completed and reconciling items resolved in a timely and accurate manner.
* Assist with the timely reporting of quarterly and year-end financial statements in accordance with statutory accounting principles.
* Assist with the review of premium tax returns and other state filings.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of management and the accounting and finance team.
* Assist with compliance reporting, including audits, Sarbanes-Oxley and state regulations.
* Complete special projects as assigned.
* Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
* Minimum 6 years prior experience in statutory accounting including preparation of required quarterly and annual NAIC filings.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products, annual statement software and premium tax software. PRO general ledger experience is a plus.
* Strong verbal and written communication, organization, analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
* Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, and meet strict statutory compliance deadlines.
* Ability to analyze and improve processes.