Los Angeles, CA 90035 US
A profitable and expanding, quality-minded vitamin company located in Los Angeles, is searching for a Senior Buyer to join their Procurement team .
The Senior Buyer will be responsible for procuring all materials necessary to produce company’s finished goods. This position will handle the procurement of raw materials, components, products, and tracks delivery to the company’s co-packers and distribution center.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience with logistics, supply chain, third party manufacturing coordination, and purchasing of raw materials including imports and working with custom brokers.
- cGMP knowledge a must.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work with multiple departments.
- Must be proficient with Word and Outlook
- Must have working knowledge of Excel
- Nutraceutical manufacturing knowledge a plus
- Good written and verbal communication
- Experience with Laserfiche a plus
- Experience with ERP systems a plus
- Employment is contingent upon successfully passing background screening
- Performs purchasing/buying duties by analyzing inventory requirements and placing purchase orders for raw materials, components or products to the approved vendors to meet the required quantity and delivery dates.
- Reviews planned purchase orders that is generated by the MRP system and releases the planned orders timely.
- Maintains a current open order status spreadsheet to reflect accurate materials that are ordered in the MRP system. Assists in generating as needed reports.
- Timely issues and tracks purchase orders and escalates possible challenges to procurement manager.
- Evaluates vendor performance and works with Sourcing in improving vendor performance to provide a reliable supply chain.
- Obtains required documentation of any material as specified by quality control department (certificate of analysis, packing list, MSDS, etc.)
- Resolves any quality, quantity or pricing issues concerning material with the vendor.
- Coordinates and arranges transportation of material from the supplier to the co-packer or to company’s distribution center.
- Ensures all logistical requirements in transporting of material meet specifications and delivery deadlines.
- Creates as needed workflow charts, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and conducts trainings as needed. Works with Procurement Manager to analyze and improve productivity and efficiency in procurement processes.
- Performs additional related job duties or projects as instructed by supervisor.
This is a full time temp to hire position that will pay $28/hour to #32/hour DOEE.
Hours are Monday to Friday 9-6pm with a 1 hour lunch. Candidates that meet the requirements are encouraged to submit their resume to email@example.com and refer to
job # 93179 in the subject line. EOE/M/F/D/V.