Senior Auto Claims Adjuster
Schaumburg, IL 60173 US
Seeking an experience Senior Automobile Insurance Claims Adjuster for our client in Schaumburg, IL. This position will report to the Claims Supervisor and will be responsible for handling commercial insurance claims filed by agents, insureds and claimants, and will plan and schedule work needed to process claims, interview claimants and witnesses, and investigate claims.
- Demonstrated knowledge of policy forms, common carrier doctrines.
- Demonstrated experience with, multi-state bodily injury, property damage, collision, uninsured motorist bodily injury, underinsured motorist, general liability or commercial transportation claims.
- Demonstrated experience handling taxi, para-transit, limousine, trucking or other commercial business auto claims.
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and negotiate commercial claims from inception through disposition.
- Knowledge of jurisdictional laws, venues and claims handling practices.
- Ensure accurate and consistent reserving.
- Interact with internal and external customers, agents, claimants, and others in a professional and courteous manner.
- Perform with strong working knowledge of claim procedures, guidelines, practices and workflows with minimal or no assistance required.
- Experience working with attorneys, investigators, vendors, experts, and medical professionals.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to assist less experienced adjusters.
- Demonstrated ability to assist management with escalated complaint calls and other claim issues
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, along with analytical skills for independent thinking and problem solving ability.
- Strong organizational skills with the proven ability to multi task.
- Willingness to assume additional responsibilities as the needs arise.
- Demonstration of self-development through attainment of professional designation or insurance course a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise adjusters whenever necessary. Including in the absence of the unit supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience in Commercial Automobile Insurance required.
- 3.5+ years’ experience in Casualty claims.
- Texas DHS license preferred, but not required.
- Strong negotiation and customer service skills.
- Exhibit leadership and mentor skills for less experienced adjusters.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment.
- Practical thinker and intuitive decision maker.
- Organized yet flexible.
- Complete state continuing education as required to maintain adjuster licensing.