Senior Accounts Receivable Clerk
Philadelphia , PA
Senior Accounts Receivable Clerk needed for Behavioral Health billing for a non-profit organization.
Some specific duties include
- Bill ID and Behavioral Health Payers electronically via the 837P as assigned on the second Monday of each month, or on a date otherwise determined by the Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
- Download response files for ID and Behavioral Health 837P billing including the ta1, 999 and/or 277 files within 2 business days of the submission of the 837P file.
- Transfer, rename and store all 837P billing files and related response files electronically in the appropriate assigned folders.
- Review the ta1 and 999 files to confirm the 837P files been accepted for adjudication by the Payer within one business day of the file downloads.
- Forward all 277 files to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor within one business day of the file download.
- Complete appropriate documentation as related to ID and Behavioral Health billing and related response files within two business days of the response file downloads and forward to the Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
- Post Electronic Payment Files for all payers as assigned by the Health Information Systems Director within one week of receipt.
- Research and contact Other Third Party Payers as needed to successfully bill for services.
- Provide back-up in assigned tasks for the Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
- Assist in the training and on-going support of new Accounts Receivable staff.
High School Diploma or GED required. Three to Five years’ experience in Behavioral Health billing, preferably in a non-profit environment. Ability to review reports necessary to correct and update billing and funding source data. Ability to work with numbers and function with minimal supervision. Experience and knowledge of Primary and Secondary insurance billing including the input of data, generation of electronic 837 billing files and electronic and manual cash application of cash received from billings. Possess the skills needed to interact with outside parties to collect the necessary information for the successful submission of claims. Ability to assist in the training of new Accounts Receivable staff.