Research & Development Associate
Los Angeles, CA 90035 US
Our client in Los Angeles is seeking an experienced Research & Development Associate to join their team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Science, Nutrition, Bio-Chemistry or related field required
- 2 or more years of relevant work experience
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills and excellent work ethics
- Professional writing experience preferred
- Employment is contingent upon successfully passing background screening
- Reviews and maintains documentation associated with manufacturing and vendor qualifications.
- Reviews product labels for accuracy and to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Conducts technical vendor qualification including but not limited to reviewing documentation, communicating with vendors and reporting results.
- Helps to maintain the R&D database.
- Evaluates new and alternative ingredients for improved product performance and cost savings.
- Represents R&D by offering technical assistance to multiple groups within the company, including quality control and education.
- Remains current with regulations, scientific research and current events in regards to product labels, product claims, allergens and nutritional values and material issues.
- Assists in the development of new formulations and maintenance of existing formulas.
- Performs any other related duties, as may be required or assigned by management.
This is a full time temp to hire position. Pay will be $50,000 to $70,000 depending on experience and education.
Candidates who meet the educational requirements and have at least 2 or more years of relevant work experience are encouraged to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to job # 93175 in the subject line. Only candidates who meet the educational requirements and experience will be contacted. EOE/M/F/D/V.