Planning Support Specialist
Mission, KS 66202 US
Mission Kansas company has an opening for a Meeting Planning Support Associate. This opportunity became available due to a current employee moving into another role. This role will work in tandem with Meeting Planners as well as Contract Administrators, to make sure all documentation is received and accurately put into their system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities listed below duties may be assigned as needed.
- Overnight lodging reservations for seminar leaders
- Document management: faxing, filing, scanning, archiving, electronic records.
- Ensure all guarantees have been completed by all properties and communicate effectively with those who have not completed the guarantee on time via phone and email.
- Communicates with product and procurement coordinator about any shipping or workbook issues
- Reviews Fred Pryor contracts and inputs received contracts into the system
- Discrepancies- works with meeting planners to gather appropriate documentation for discrepancies
- Help Desk Support
- Assists contracts administrator with emergency BEOs and Banquet Checks
- Assist meeting planners in the research and RFI process.
- AV Screen cancellations
- Auditing meeting planning hotel Bids.
To perform the job successfully, the identified candidate should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback;; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures;
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
Mathematical Skills :
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access, AS400 Database System, Google Chrome Internet; Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.
EOE M/F/D/V $15 while on temp payroll with a slight increase once hired