St. Louis, MO US
A client near the airport in the manufacturing industry is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join their team! This is a full-time, temp to hire opportunity, slated to start as soon as possible! Permanent hours will be 7: 30 am - 5: 15 pm, Monday through Friday, with every other Friday off, but there will be a slightly different schedule during the temporary period which allows for some flexibility in shift schedule. Pay for this position will be between $18 - $21 per hour during the temporary period, and could increase up to $23/hr upon permanent hire.
- Process hourly union payroll, including balancing and reconciling all payroll figures
- Verify payroll accuracy, including overtime, shift pay, personal time, vacation time, incentives/bonuses, etc
- Prepare reports as necessary for reconciliation needs
- Prepare payment request forms relating to payroll deductions and process garnishments as necessary
- Answer payroll-related questions from employees, management, government agencies, auditors, etc.
- Prepare journal entries to record payroll, and reconcile payroll related accounts
- Additional payroll and/or accounting duties as assigned
- 3-5 years previous experience in payroll focused role required
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required
- Previous experience with computerized payroll software required
- Experience working with ADP, Costpoint, Deltek Time and Expense, and/or Time Clock Plus highly preferred
- Proficiency in MS Excel required
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy a must
Please apply online for immediate consideration. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/V