Philadelphia , PA 19154
Assists the Supervisor with coordinating activities of workers engaged in production, techniques, specifications, assigning workers for department activities and other assignments. Maintain and follow Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Requires conformance to Delavau SOPs, cGMPs (21 CFR211), OSHA requirements, and Delavau safety procedures
- Knowledge of all equipment used in department.
- Understanding of all company policies, batch records, SOP’s (CFR-211) and safety and OSHA policies to interpret them consistently and realistically.
- Complete knowledge of all SOP’s and cGMP’s guidelines and an under- standing of the department production plans
- The ability to teach, explain, train, and follow through with the company policies and SOP’s, cGMP’s and safety issues.
- Oversees the performance of the crew and make certain all company policies and SOPs are followed.
- Assists with reports, production out-put and overall quality of work produced.
- Assist with productivity through change plus understanding and motivating workers.
- Responsible for all quality and production on the packaging lines.
- Must be able to work closely with supporting staff and other departments.
- Complete knowledge of all Packaging operations and rooms, cGMP’s and Safety SOPs.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in ManMan.
- Ability to set-up all and process paperwork for jobs to be run in Packaging and do the reconciliation and label accountability of all completed jobs efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Complete knowledge of the set-up and operating of all packaging rooms.
- Enter production information, check for new sales orders numbers and product due dates, status of product due in sorting, make labels, etc.
- Record all data in logbooks, (cleaning log, label verification log, metal log).
- Must be neat and accurate on entries.
- Responsible for writing up reconciling all F.O.s in Packaging.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving when issues occur on the line.
Ensures that all work centers stay clean and neat at all times.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and prepare simple production reports.
- Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machines, and visually inspect parts produced.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate machines properly.
- Physical ability to do work requiring frequent stooping and
- Ability to stand while working on a moderate-speed conveyor line
- Manual dexterity required; exposure to arm and wrist fatigue.
- Physical strength sufficient to lift and carry 25 pounds frequently.
- Visual acuity to sufficiently read instructions and visually inspect materials produced and packages received. 2. Ability to stand for an extended periods of time.
- Reaches by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard.
- Ability to lift up to 55 pounds.
- Communication skills using the spoken word.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to move about.