Lenexa, KS 66215
Lenexa based lab has opening for 5 Openers to work Tuesday through Saturday from 7AM to 3 PM with a pay rate of $12/hr. Will work in the lab opening Fed Ex packages containing urine, saliva . and sweat samples.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY: Assist with the pre and post accessioning duties to include receiving, transporting, and opening toxicology specimens and trash disposal.
- Bring in and scan all incoming bags and boxes of specimens from dock area
- Separate & sort specimens by category
- Open individual specimen containers, discard cardboard & remove specimens
- Enter consents in computer system as necessary
- Clean up work area, dispose of trash
- Assist courier coordinator with weighing specimen shipments
- Dump negative urine specimens
- Maintain and protect the confidentiality of all client information.
- Be able to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local safety and health regulations that would apply to this job.
Other duties as assigned
- denotes essential job function
EDUCATION: 8th grade education required, High School grad or GED preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read information quickly and retain for use in processing
- Fast writing skills
- Familiarity with computers
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Standing/sitting for extended periods of time; lifting up to 25 lbs; repetitive bending of wrists; audible recognition of computer error warning. The ability to discriminate between different colors visually is considered an essential function for the position.
EQUIPMENT: Box knife, laboratory coat, gloves, safety glasses, LED wand, computer terminal, laser printer; company vehicles, trash compactor.
OTHER: This position requires acceptable driving record. Shifts extend until work is finished; weekend work is necessary; specimens consist of body fluids & must be regarded as potentially infectious; task of disposing of negative urine specimens. Trash compactor operator requires minimum age of 18 years.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org