Mission, KS 66202 US
Meeting Planning Support Specialist for Training Resources and Development department of prominent Mission, KS company.
Summary: Works in tandem with meeting planners and contract administrator to ensure documentation has been received and input into the system.
Position starts with faxing, filing, but quickly learns the booking system(including negotiating) for meeting space. Busy, full of deadlines and budgets. Need good Excel skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Overnight lodging reservations for seminar leaders
- Document management: faxing, filing, scanning, archiving, electronic records.
- Ensure all guarantees have been completed by all properties and communicate effectively with those who have not completed the guarantee on time via phone and email.
- Communicates with product and procurement coordinator about any shipping or workbook issues
- Reviews contracts and inputs received contracts into the system
- Discrepancies- works with meeting planners to gather appropriate documentation for discrepancies
- Help Desk Support
- Assists contracts administrator with emergency BEOs and Banquet Checks
- Assist meeting planners in the research and RFI process.
- AV Screen cancellations
- Auditing meeting planning hotel Bids.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback;; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures;
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access, AS400 Database System,Google Chrome Internet; Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word.
Pay will start at $15/hr and increased to $15.39 once hired