Marketing and Communications Manager
Schaumburg, IL 60173
The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and executing on internal and external communications activities for the brands for our Client in Schaumburg, IL, paying $55-60K/year.
RESPONSIBILITIES and EXPECTATIONS
- Develop strategic communications plans for corporate, brand, and product marketing content.
- Work with Senior Management to set digital and traditional media launch strategies for key messaging, products, campaigns, and partnerships.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams - product marketing, creative, product development and legal - to produce effective materials.
- Create and implement external communication, social media and public relations programs to increase our Client's brand awareness and deliver key product messaging.
- Social Media responsibilities:
- Serve as administrator on all platforms
- Generate new ideas for social content to drive communications
- Plan social content and develop content calendars
- Write copy for use on relevant social media platforms
- Execute all aspects of social promotions
- Engage with fans and followers to build relationships and encourage engagement
- Handle customer service inquiries and relay customer feedback and insights gained from online conversations
- Monitor the success of social media in regards to the overall marketing strategy
- Assist in the creation and development of print and digital advertising.
- Collaborate with the internal Sales Manager on all on going and seasonal digital marketing campaigns for the Amazon account.
- Write copy, provide creative direction to the graphics team, and manage the projects in order to deliver the assets to Amazon for campaign launch.
- Write all e-commerce related copy. Assist with content development.
- Lead email marketing activities to communicate brand messaging and website promotions:
- Campaign development and implementation
- Manage email marketing platform
- Develop content and work with creative department on design
- Deliver emails
- Email and campaign analytics
- Manage inbound media inquiries, route requests to the appropriate teams, and provide recommendations for how to proceed.
- Monitor and communicate press coverage.
- Manage relationships with public relations agency partners and vendors.
- Write RFPs for new agencies and projects as needed.
- Write press releases upon request and work with public relations agencies on distribution.
- Assist in drafting company-wide communications as needed.
- Prepare communications updates for marketing presentations and board meetings.
- Prepare media materials for trade shows as needed.
- Serve as an ambassador for the brand. Write and speak on behalf of the brand and company within set brand voice guidelines. Facilitate thought leadership engagement opportunities as needed.
- 5+ Years experience in a similar role.
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Organizational, planning, project and time management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends in social and digital media
- Relationship management skills in order to work effectively with agencies and vendors
- Eye for design and aesthetic
- Research and analytical skills
- Ability to create, execute and measure a successful marketing campaign