Philadelphia , PA US
Temporary Maintenance Assistant
A center-city law-firm is looking for a Temporary Maintenance Assistant for a one month assignment to ensure that the overall maintenance and condition of the office space and furniture is kept in good repair at all times. Perform other maintenance duties as appropriate.
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Monday through Friday, some overtime may be required; paying $14/hr
Some Duties Include:
• Perform preparatory work for maintenance activities, including gathering equipment, materials and supplies.
• Handle minor repairs relating to desk chairs, file cabinets and other small office furniture.
• Ensure water filters are routinely replaced in coffee room locations.
• Maintain locker room facility plumbing (toilet, sinks and shower fixtures).
• Replace light bulbs throughout the Firm, move furniture around, and polish where necessary.
• Stock and replenish bottled water coolers.
• Perform office painting, patching and repair of walls, hang bulletin boards, pictures, coat hooks and necessary items used in common areas and offices.
• Organize and maintain storage area.
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Use a variety of hand tools and material handling equipment in performing duties.
Prior related experience in construction, carpentry or general office building maintenance required.
High school diploma or equivalent necessary.
Maintenance trade school certificate preferred.
A minimum of 10 years experience in general office.
Building maintenance preferred, with a minimum of five years maintenance in large office building required.