Resort in the Northland is seeking a Resort Food Service Manager part time through out the year and full time during the on season May through August.
The Resort Food Service Manager ensures that high quality and nutritional food is provided to camp participants. The incumbent manages the camps food service operation within the established budget and maintains the highest standards of health and sanitation possible. The incumbent supervises kitchen staff, the ordering and preparation of food and menu planning.
- Develops menu plans which support healthy, nutritious meals for campers, groups and participants within the established budget.
- Maintains an appropriate inventory of food supplies working with food providers to ensure quality of food supplies. Provides menu options for a wide variety of dietary needs and restrictions.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation and delivery of meals.
- Develops and enforces safety and cleanliness protocols.
- Hires, trains, and schedules kitchen staff to meet camping needs.
- Maintains positive relationships with campers, staff and volunteers which support the camping vision.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Minimum of two (1) years of experience in working in food service preparation and delivery
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience managing a kitchen to include supervision or work direction to kitchen staff
- Food Safe Certification by the county Public Health Department or the ability to obtain the certification.
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a diverse groups
- Prior experience working in camp food service
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment operation
- Post-secondary education in nutrition
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Requires ability to safely operate all necessary kitchen equipment and cleaning supplies
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Pay starts at 15/hr, once perm benefits + perks available
Send qualified resumes to Kcnorth@stivers.com
Refer to job # 51602- Resort Food Service Manager