Director of Accounting
An organization in St. Charles Country is in need of a Director of Accounting to fill an immediate opening. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the Shared Services and Accounting departments. Pay is commensurate with experience.
- Develop and oversee inter-company accounting, balance sheet/cash management and compliance/internal controls
- Coordinate across multiple businesses in areas of general accounting as needed – this may include activities relating to restructuring/mergers/acquisitions/divestitures
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives related to areas such as forecasting, reporting and compliance.
- Develop SAP and Excel-based reporting
- Lead month-end closing processes and reviews and prepare financial statements
- Manage a team to ensure internal controls are in place to protect company assets
- Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure compliance with GAAP and IFRS
- Drive continuous improvements in processes and systems which include further leveraging of the company’ s ERP systems
- Develop and establish company- wide metrics and other associated internal controls management processes to aid in the internal/external audit process
- Forecast, conduct actuals variance analysis, complete reconciliation, bridging and various other reporting activities to lead cash management.
- Lead delivery of improvements in inventory management, payment and collection terms
- Ensure the accounting department is staffed with qualified personnel
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience with progressive responsibility
- Previous experience as an Accounting Manager or Controller
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, IFRS, internal controls and financial reporting
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Previous experience with an ERP system
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead and develop high-performing teams
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple organizations
- Prior Accounting/Financial experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of SAP General Accounting Systems
- CPA and/or MBA
Please apply online for immediate consideration. All qualified applicants will be contacted.