Customer Service Representative
Rosemont, IL 60018 US
Do you have experience in Food Based Consumer Packaged Goods (candy, snack food or other specialty food item)? Do you enjoy working with customers to help in any way you can? If you answered YES to BOTH of these questions, this may be the job for you!
The Customer Success Specialist supports an assigned territory, by overseeing order processing, shipment tracking, and claims management. Will interact with multiple departments in the organization, specifically the Sales and Supply Chain teams in order to fill customer purchase orders and deliver orders in a timely fashion. This position is in Rosemont, IL, and is paying $17 - $22/hr depending on experience.
- Interact with customers, brokers, Sales and Warehouse on a daily basis, either via phone or through e-mail correspondences including: order status, shipment status, or questions related to pricing, inventory, claims, and/or order changes.
- Process order verifications and manually enter orders into EXACT computer system, ensuring inventory is available and the warehouse has capacity to ship.
- Manage customer shipments, including order flow, vendor communication, and supply chain coordination.
- Act as a liaison between the broker and warehouse to verify validity of claims, relay shipment information, and resolve disputes in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all orders are shipped, delivered, and invoiced in a timely fashion, while maintaining constant communication with the broker to resolve missed scheduled pick-up times by the carrier.
- Partner with the Sales and Support teams to facilitate the set-up of domestic retail and distribution customers.
- Compile and run reports within EXACT to identify sales forecasts and monthly sales orders.
- Research the validity of fines assessed by customers and partner with internal teams to understand root cause issues to prevent any reoccurrences.
- Responsible for all Consumer Relations inquires by phone or email, within 24 hours’ turnaround time to acknowledge the issue and troubleshoot as necessary. This includes: following particular scripts, guidelines for issue resolution and etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or related field
- Previous food industry experience (i.e. candy, potato chip or other specialty food item company)
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in customer account management and supply chain or inside sales support and direct experience serving both internal and external customers
- CPG industry experience required (Consumer Packaged Goods) ie: candy, snack food or other specialty food item industry.
- Excellent and accurate data entry skills, good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs
- ERP System experience (SAP/MS Dynamics/EXACT or similar)
- Ability to effectively address complex issues in an effective and efficient manner, and with complete discretion; ability to be entrusted with sensitive and confidential information
- Result-driven with excellent judgment, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, analytical, and decision making skills
- Good business acumen
- Ability to build and maintain positive business relationships with customers, vendors and etc.
- Hands on experience in customer onboarding and systems management