Phoenix, AZ 85014 US
Customer Service - Health Insurance
Scope of Work: Complete enrollments with clients and provides program and data support and duties related to the Medical Benefits Management Program for the State of Arizona during the HealthCare.gov open enrollment period. The position requires significant client contact via telephone and/or mail and/or in-person assistance. The position will be based in Phoenix but will require some training time in Tucson (travel expenses paid) before Open Enrollment begins on November 1st. The position may require some flexible hours during the HealthCare.gov open enrollment period. This is a full-time (40 hrs/wk), non-exempt temporary position.
- Contacts clients to schedule appointments, call to remind clients about appointments, and obtain follow-up documentation after enrollment has been completed.
- Enrolls eligible clients into Affordable Care Act (ACA) plans.
- Remains in the Phoenix area throughout Open Enrollment which runs from November 1-December 15, with training time before and time to help wrap up data entry afterwards.
- Helps with document collection and upload to HealthCare.gov for Data Matching Issues.
- Ensures timely and accurate entry of insurance premiums information into a statewide database
- Serves as member of the Care Services team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Reports to the Statewide Insurance Programs Coordinator.
- Appropriate fingerprint clearance through the Arizona Department of Public Safety (paid for by client company).
- Ability to become a Certified Application Counselor by completing online training and submitting an application including fingerprints to the Arizona Department of Insurance (paid for by client company).
- Must have access to reliable transportation with valid Arizona driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or two years minimum administrative work in a social services, insurance, or customer service environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to demonstrate quick and accurate data entry skills.
- Licensed accident and health or sickness insurance producer OR Certified Application Counselor
- Knowledge of insurance systems.
- Strong organizational skills, capable of problem solving and working independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; sensitivity to cultural and personal diversity.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with database applications.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS issues and current HIV/AIDS treatment protocols.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
If you possess all of the above skill sets and are available through the end of the year, send your resume in an attached WORD document to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job# 900420 in the subject line.