Construction Accountant - Part-time
Chicago, IL 60602 US
Construction/Development Company seeks a Part-time Senior Level Construction Accountant for special project work. Will be identifying and assessing deficiencies and providing comprehensive reports on findings. $30/hr
Full charge Senior Level Construction Accountant needed. The individual should possess extensive construction development and real estate accounting experience including but not limited to the following:
- Accounts Payables/Receivables
- Financial Statements
- Tax Preparation
- Bank/Finance Loan Packaging
- Working with Surety & Bonding Companies
This position is responsible for helping to maintain the financial health of the Company.
Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
Collaborates with CEO to develop process improvement plans.
Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
Responsible for the coordination and execution of the timely calculation and preparation of disbursement cycles including system checks, ACH payments, and e-payables.
Provides financial job cost and general ledger support to the Project Development/Construction Team.
Administers purchase orders, change orders, lien waivers, certificates of insurance and co-investment draw requests.
Conducts monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
Analyzes financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the CEO’s attention
Assist in the preparation of tax returns and audits
- Must be trained and experienced in the construction industry
- Awareness of construction, development, and real estate trends
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
- Experience with Quickbooks Pro 2016 (Windows)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
* Extensive construction development and real estate accounting experience
* Advanced knowledge of Excel
* Experience with Quickbooks Pro 2016
* Flexible to work PART-TIME project with unknown duration