Certified Medical Coders
Los Angeles, CA 90010 US
Our client, a medical management group, is seeking experienced certified medical coders to join their team in Los Angeles.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- At least 3 years of medical coding and healthcare experience with credential/certification from the American Academy of Professional Coders (CPC, CPA) or American Health Information Management Association (CCS, CCS-P, RHIT, RHIA)
- Effective utilization of electronic coding software/encoders (3M, Encoder Plus, Code Write, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel and able to type at least 50 WPM
- Knowledge of medical records coding procedures
- Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT and ICD-9 coding, Medicare, Medi-Cal/CCS, and other insurance procedures.
- Experience in medical practice/physician setting with exposure to claims procedures.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to follow assignments through to completion.
- Ability to communicate on a professional level using good grammar, correct spelling, and courteous communications.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with physicians and peers.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to work independently and/or minimal supervision with further abilities to manage multiple, changing priorities.
- Must maintain confidentiality pursuant to HIPAA and the HITECH Act regulations.
- Ability to prepare, file and maintain patient records, file reports and other correspondence.
- Experience working with EncoderPro Expert ICD-10 and CPT Systems and Athena Billing System
- Employment is contingent upon successfully passing background check .
This is a full time direct hire position that will pay $26.14 /hr.-$31/hr. (DOE). Candidates can submit their resume to LA@stivers.com and refer to job # 94294 when applying. EOE/M/F/D/V.