Bill Review Manager
Torrance, CA 90510
A very successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm is currently looking for a Bill Review Manager for their Torrance location. They specialize in providing consulting services for employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control services, and property & liability to school districts and hospitals throughout California.
The Manager of Bill Review is responsible for managing and overseeing overall production of the Bill Review Department plus managing and supervising the Bill Review Assistants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensuring Rush Bills identified by the Branch are processed in a timely manner.
- Assist Bill Review Department Supervisor with Analyst and Specialist Workflow.
- Assist Bill Review Department Supervisor with counseling and corrective action necessary regarding the staff.
- Maintain and develop QI
- Active collaborator with management team in addressing bill review problems.
- Audit and counsel Bill Review Assistant’s incoming and outgoing mail.
- Responsibility for all workflow issues pertaining to production in department.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring for the department.
- Daily oversight and review of unit/individual production stats.
- Responsible for proactively addressing any software or hardware issues.
- Responsible for daily review/oversight of inventory reports to address turnaround time (paper vs. e-bills), timeliness of PPO re-pricing, provider file updates, etc.
- Manage existing capstone rule and identifying potential new capstone rules to facilitate production.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Active RN License; 2-year College Degree required; 4-year degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Bill Review.
- Must be certified as an experienced Bill Reviewer in currently processing medical bills.
- 3 years of Supervisory or Management experience.
- ICD 10 and Medical Coding Certification required
- Effective organizer, planner, self-starter and leader requiring minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Employment is contingent upon successfully passing background screening.
This is a direct hire position that will pay up to $125,000/year depending on experience and education.
Interested candidates must submit resumes for immediate consideration. Please enter "Bill Review Manager" in subject line when applying and refer to job # 95431 . Email: firstname.lastname@example.org EOE/M/F/D/V.