Accounts Receivable Clerk
Schaumburg, IL 60173 US
Accounts Receivable Support Clerk
Seeking an Accounts Receivable Support Clerk (Temp to Hire) to join our Client's team. This position will report to the Accounts Receivable Lead and will be responsible for electronic check deposits, cash receipts, online payment transaction daily reconciliation, collections, and other miscellaneous clerical duties. Hours are 7:30am-4:00pm Mon-Fri, and the position is located in Schaumburg, IL near Woodfield Mall. This pays between $15 and $19/hr depending on experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Electronic check deposits, once a week and fill in as needed for vacations.
- Reconcile the online payment transaction twice a week and fill in as needed for vacations.
- Prepare cash receipt journal entries.
- Premium Collections:
o Verify balance due for accuracy
o Respond to inquiries from collection agencies
o Reconcile every month-end
o Research any issues
o File collection and legal documents
o Prepare new files as needed
o Mail collection letters
o Update collection files as needed
- Assist the Accounts Receivable staff as needed.
- High school diploma.
- 2 years accounts receivable experience required, collection experience a must.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office software programs, including proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Journal entry experience a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and meet department deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively thru email, in person and telephone.
- Strong data entry and organization skills required.