Accounts Payable Supervisor
Schaumburg, IL 60173 US
Seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Supervisor for a busy insurance company in Schaumburg, IL. This position will report to the Corporate Controller and will be responsible for ensuring the accounts payable function operates efficiently and accurately, including monitoring AP workflows, timely payments to our vendors, agents, state filings, and employee reimbursements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review vendor invoices and employee reimbursements for proper authorization and coding.
- Ensure staff processes invoices accurately and is meeting deadlines.
- Serve as main contact for resolving vendor related issues.
- Ascertain the accuracy of accounts payable standard files and the accounts payable integrations, such as daily refund and general operating import files and positive pay files to our banking institution.
- Maintain and execute operations and processes.
- Build solid relationships across the organization.
- Assist with the month-end closings and execute special analysis tasks and other financial related obligations as assigned.
- Provide process improvement suggestions on operations and staff issues.
- Work with staff on month-end commission processing.
- Oversee unclaimed property reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or 5 plus years on the job experience in Accounts Payable.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Experience with 1099s.
- Sufficient experience in professional supervisory procedures.
- Knowledge of Stone River General Ledger Systems a plus.
- Knowledge in unclaimed property.
- Ability to delegate duties, tasks, reports, and proposals.
- Time management and workload efficiency skills.
- Persistence in finishing projects in spite of hindrances.
- Readiness to go extra mile to avoid mistakes and produce new opportunities.
- Ability to adjust to diverse ideas and impressions from individuals or changing environments.