Accounts Payable Specialist
Englewood, CO US
Accounts Payable Specialist - 2 Month Contract - $18-20/hr
Responsible for the full-cycle Accounts Payable activities of the Accounting department, including invoice data entry, 3-way matching, weekly check runs, and sales commissions. Provides other accounting expertise within the department, including bank account reconciliations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full-cycle Accounts Payable processing including vendor invoice data entry and general ledger coding.
- Inventory accounting including domestic and international inventory reconciliation, purchase order analysis, and 3-way vendor invoice matching.
- Weekly vendor payment analysis and processing including check runs.
- Ongoing vendor maintenance, relationship building and issue resolution as needed.
- Daily and weekly filing of Accounts Payable paperwork and related electronic documents.
- Monthly reconciliation of corporate credit card activity and related general ledger coding.
- Monthly calculation, reconciliation and payment of outside sales representative commissions.
- Monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Periodic audit support for internal and external audits as needed.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
- Associates degree. Study in Accounting or Finance preferred. Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- 1-3 years work experience in full-cycle Accounts Payable processing including inventory transactions.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, including 3-way matching.
- Strong ability to understand, use and create financial formulas and spreadsheets.
- Advanced computer skills and experience in Microsoft Office including Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX or related systems preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and master new accounting software packages and applications.
- Detail oriented problem solving, organizational skills, and ability to handle shifting priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
40 Hr work week
2 month assignment
Steps away from Public transportation
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to job number # 81622
Please call only after you have sent your resume and if you have recent and extensive Accounts Payable experience and excellent work references and a solid work history.