Centennial, CO US
Accountant - South East Corridor
- Performs account research and reconciliations by reviewing assigned general ledger accounts; makes recommendations for adjustments and prepares written documentation of findings.
- Performs account analysis and prepares narrative reports (internal and external) explaining account activity and/or findings.
- Assists with the preparation of mid-month bank reconciliations, as requested.
- Assists with the cash management function by monitoring cash and investment balances and/or charges.
- Prepares periodic reports of balances/fees.
- Prepares various documents for annual financial audit, as requested.
- Tracks, maintains and prepares various monthly financial or analysis reports, as requested.
- Prepares grant billings, accounting and design of internal controls for grant management.
- Assists with investment transactions and reporting.
- Performs internal audits as requested.
- Review bi-weekly Accounts Payable check registers and invoices for proper general ledger account coding and documentation.
- Prepare the positive pay file for upload to the bank.
- Acts as a back-up for accounts payable and cash receipt functions.
- Assists in the development and documentation of accounting and finance policies and procedures.
- Designs, prepares, and compiles information for various reports, as requested.
- Assists in general improvement district reporting.
- Establish appropriate accounting systems for the Fiber Works Enterprise Fund.
- Maintain capital asset and depreciation systems.
- Trains and reviews the work of clerical and/or technical staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Methods, practices, principles, documents, and terminology used in financial and accounting record keeping;
- Practices, procedures, and terms of basic governmental budgeting and accounting;
- Fundamental accounting and internal control policies and procedures;
- Analysis of reports and records;
- City ordinances, rules, procedures, and practices governing accounts payable processing;
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MS Office Professional 2007 - MSWord, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint);
- Modern office practices and procedures;
- Modern office equipment.
- Possess self-management skills;
- Requires skill in operating modern office equipment;
- Maintain a professional appearance;
- Customer service driven;
- Strong organizational skills.
- Check accuracy of vouchers and be familiar with accounting classifications assigned to various records;
- Operate a computer using spreadsheet and financial accounting software;
- Effectively meet and communicate with the public with courtesy, discretion and sound judgment;
- Be punctual during required working hours;
- Occasionally work an adjusted work schedule, overtime, and evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines as approved by supervisor;
- Handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and use good judgment in prioritizing work assignments;
- Work well under pressure in a constantly changing environment;
- Work with minimal supervision;
- Discretely handle confidential information;
- Establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with staff, vendors, auditors, Elected Officials, and members of the public.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration with an emphasis in accounting, 2 or more years of previous experience in accounting.
This is a 15 Month temporary position.
Location: Southeast Corridor
Pay: $24.00 Per Hour
Please forward resumes only if you meet all above requirements.
Refer to job number # 81630