St. Louis, MO
Our client, a growing manufacturing organization in St. Louis County, is in need of a Purchasing Agent to purchase materials, supplies, maintenance parts and service for the company in an efficient and economical manner following established policies and procedures. This is a full-time, direct hire, opportunity that will pay within the range of $42, 000 - $49, 000 annually, depending upon experience. The position does offer flex time within the business hours of 6: 30am-8: 00 pm, Monday-Friday.
Job duties include:
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, services, support, availability, production and distribution capabilities and supplier’ s reputation and history
- Maintains master list by department verifying, comparing and recommending alternatives
- Negotiates cash discounts, volume purchasing discounts, and OEM pricing, etc.
- Keeps accurate records, including price histories and any problems in doing business with particular vendors.
- Works closely with managers scheduling production to maintain a "just-in-time" level of inventory.
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Conduct competitive bids. Negotiate, or renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Evaluate or monitor contract performance and ensure compliance with contractual obligations
- Develop a process on ordering raw materials, including but not limited to quality, quantity and frequency of orders to maintain required production levels.
- Visually monitor daily raw material inventories assuring adequate supplies.
- Audit suppliers and vendors
- Monitor closely shipping charges and vendors. Negotiate bulk pricing.
- Resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
The position requires:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Some purchasing experience is a plus, preferably in manufacturing or maintenance environment
- Ability to work independently and also as a team member.
- Strong attention to detail required
- Math and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Good PC skills, Excel, Word and Outlook
Please apply online for immediate consideration. All qualified applicants will be contacted.