Overland Park, KS
Busy fast paced payroll/human resource department of major distribution company in Overland Park is looking for an individual to initially learn the payroll system and help relieve some of the duties of the payroll/benefits/human resource specialist. Experience with ADP Workforce Now would be extremely helpful. It is imperative that individual have good attendance record as processing payroll on timely basis is of utmost importance.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Computes wages and records data for use in payroll processing.
- Compiles payroll data such as hours worked, sales or piecework, taxes, and insurance to be withheld, and employee identification number, from time sheets and other records.
- Prepares computer input forms, enters data into computer files, or computes wages and deductions and posts to payroll records.
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Records changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Records data concerning transfer of employees between departments.
- Approve various expenses related to payroll and personnel to be debited or credited to each department for cost accounting records.
- Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
- Keeps records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
- Prepares and issues paychecks.
- Prepare payroll for the Canada branches
- Examines employee files to answer inquiries and provides information to authorized persons.
- Compiles data from personnel records and prepares reports.
- Updates employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses.
- Oversee the ACA compliance to insure accuracy of the preparation of employee 1095C and the company 1094 forms.
- Upload ACA and dependent information for medical coverage (ADP)
- Compile all OSHA forms 301 and 300A and Log 300Familiar with 401(K) administration and compliance testing Familiar with Benefits Administration, open enrollment meetings, timely return of enrollment forms from multiple locations
- SUI Tax updates
Previous experience preparing payroll and issuing checks for large company preferred. Familiar with 401(K) administration, familiar with Benefits Administration, open enrollment meetings, timely return of enrollment forms from multiple locations. SUI Tax updates.
Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred .
Company paid benefits for employees.