1. Maintain professional appearance and conduct all matters in a professional manner. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
A. Schedule planned absences with Director of Operations via the “Time Off Request” form. Immediately notify Director of Operations regarding any unplanned absence.
B. Respond timely to all internal and external requests for information.
C. Adhere to schedules regarding the posting of all accounting documents, reports, etc.
D. Professionally operate internal communication devices (Phone, Internet, etc.)
E. Stay abreast of all company policies, procedures, and protocols.
F. Develop personal and professional goals, attend seminars, courses etc. to stay abreast of current building codes, construction practices, and industry trends.
2. Operate computer terminal to input and retrieve data.
3. Coordinate and maintain electronic filing system.
4. Copy data and compile records and reports.
5. Process and follow-up on all client requests for information and materials.
6. Contact customers via telephone or email in order to obtain project information such as soils reports, architectural and structural documents, and project status.
7. Communicate accordingly with the appropriate staff in regards to the project schedule.
8. Assist all Project Managers with reporting project schedule to clients and consultants.
9. Communicate to clients, on a regular basis, the current project status.
10. Coordinate project kick off meetings by compiling incoming information, requesting additional information and scheduling meetings with appropriate staff members.
11. Assist with the overall proposal and contract management process, to include but not limited to, preparing proposals, organizing incoming information, requesting additional
information, client follow up and processing of signed contracts.
12. Assist the management team with the receipt of client / consultant project documents (Architectural plans, soils report, truss calculations, accounting documents etc.); Distribute
documents to appropriate Project Manager.
13. Ensure complete delivery of project documents to clients.
14. Prepare projects for Project Managers for quality checks (compiling calculations, soils reports, architectural & structural documents).
15. Process and distribute quality checked projects (includes scanning plans with markups) to appropriate personnel.
16. Assist department managers with Quality Control to include project filing, data entry into internal systems, tracking of project budget and reporting and client satisfaction feedback.
17. Monitor, with client, the status of the project after completion by the company to include: building schedule, status of incoming BDC comments, truss calcs, framewalks and as-built
18. Monitor status of construction information to include: construction site contact, project RFIs, subcontractor contacts and tracking of project revisions.
19. Periodically check in with client in regards to pace and progression of projects.
20. Contact city and county building departments for project design criteria information (seismic zone, wind zone, etc) and maintain database of this information.
21. Manage the archive of information once project has been completed.
22. Manage and update internal resource information such as office library, municipality requirements and standard specifications and details.
23. Assist the Director of Operations in creating and maintaining operational reports, training materials, etc.
24. Communicates clearly and professionally with internal and external customers, both verbally and in writing.
25. Answers telephones, direct calls and takes messages.
26. Other clerical and administrative duties as assigned.
The proceeding Essential Functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add,
modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential job functions.