Opening Clerks Toxicology Accessioning
Large testing lab in Lenexa looking for dependable individuals who can work Tuesday through Saturday from 7AM to workload is finished each day. Must be able to stand/sit for extended periods of time, lift up to 25 pounds, repetitive bending of wrists. Must be able to discriminate between different colors visually which is essential function for this position. Must be familiar with computer input.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY: Assist with the pre and post accessioning duties to include receiving, transporting, and opening toxicology specimens and trash disposal.
- Bring in and scan all incoming bags and boxes of specimens from dock area
- Separate and sort specimens by category
- Open individual specimen containers, discard cardboard and remove specimens
- Enter consents in computer system as necessary
- Clean up work area, dispose of trash
- Assist courier coordinator with weighing specimen shipments
- Dump negative urine specimens
- Maintain and protect the confidentiality of all company and client information.
- Be able to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local safety and health regulations that would apply to this job.
- Other duties as assigned
- denotes essential job function
Must have at least an 8th grade education and a resume.
Client supplies box knife, lab coats, gloves, safety glasses, LED wand, computer terminal, laser printer, trash compactor. Specimens consist of body fluids and must be regarded as potentially infectious. task of disposing of negative urine specimens. Trash compactor operator must be 18 years of age,