Litigation Legal Secretary/Insurance Defense
Los Angeles, CA
We are in need of Business/Civil Litigation Legal Secretaries experienced in Insurance Defense for the Los Angeles area! We are looking to add team members to represent Stivers at client companies working short term and long term for projects and vacation coverage. Some of the positions, there is a possibility of getting hired on with our clients.
- Preparing pleadings and motions for filing in Superior Court.
- Maintain Attorney calendars, sets court dates, appearances, schedule meetings with witnesses and other involved parties.
- Supports multiple Attorneys and Paralegals/Legal Assistants in day-to-day legal practice.
- Proficient in word processing, typing and transcription.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Trial preparation.
- Adhere to all court deadlines.
- Preparing and serving discovery and subpoenas; scheduling hearings
and depositions; proofreading; composing and editing correspondence.
- Preparing table of contents and table of authorities.
- Compose routine letters, edit and proof business and legal correspondence and reports.
- Must have at least 5 years experience with Insurance Defense.
- Must have heavy Litigation experience.
- Experience working with Trial Attorneys a plus!
- Must have thorough knowledge of legal terminology and procedures to prepare documents for legal action.
- Must have utilized all electronic filing formats for Superior and Federal Court filings.
- Experienced working a desk for multiple Attorneys.
- Have thorough knowledge of Court rules in all venues.
- Extensive knowledge of both the Federal and State court systems throughout the counties and state.
- Ability to accurately calculate dates.
The rates of pay range from $20-$23/hr. Interested candidates must submit resumes for immediate consideration. Please refer to #94253 when applying. Email: email@example.com. EOE M/F/D/V