Die Maker Technician
Kansas City, MO
Kansas City MO company needs a Die Maker Technician--
Summary Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists' hand tools by performing the following duties.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, files or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as grinders, automated benders, processors and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
- Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner in which you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Continue to grow in knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement.
- Attend all trainings as mandated.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas at all times (Safe practices always).
Competencies 1. Technical Capacity. 2. Communications Proficiency. 3. Problem Solving/Analysis. 4. Collaboration Skills.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. Hours are subject to change at any time with or without notice at the discretion of the Plant Manager and/or President due to company needs/demands. Therefore, it is a part of your employment obligation to work overtime assignments, on occasion, as instructed.
Preferred Education and Experience
Die making experience is preferred.
Standard education is sufficient with on the job training.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity. Perm pay is $11-12/hr.
Send qualified resumes to: email@example.com
Refer to job #50910.
Qualified candidates will be contacted.